ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trouble with Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deepak AdhikaryTrouble with Mocha
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:55:52 am

Hey everyone, I'm trying to track a 3D helicopter that is made in 3ds max into an after effects shot. I'm using an AE3D export script to take my tracking data from mocha into 3ds max. My problem is that whenever the camera moves, instead of changing the position of the helicopter, it just rotates it and I don't know why. So when I place it back the helicopter looks like its spazzing out. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know of a better way to track 3ds max objects into after effects?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Trouble with Mocha
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 2:59:20 pm

Your problem is not clear to me- are you trying a 3d track with Mocha? If that is so, then you can't do that- Mocha is a planar tracker, 2d tracking. For any 3D data you need a 3d tracker- Boujou, Syntheyes, Camera Tracker or Voodoo.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trouble with Mocha
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:47:18 pm

[Deepak Adhikary] "Does anyone know of a better way to track 3ds max objects into after effects?"

I'm not sure I understand exactly what your problem is -- but if you are trying to get 3D data from 3ds Max to After Effects, why track if you don't have to? Have you tried Boomer Labs MAX2AE [link]?

You will also find some useful information on the Importing and using 3D files from other applications [link] manual page.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]