ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc NiborWhich Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:24:33 pm

Hi,
I need to create a bunch of clips during the following days with the effect that was used in this example: (at 0.32 is a good example)

does anyone know exactly what was used to create this video?
I bet it's a template or a preset from some slidehow program. I would have contacted the author of the vid... but he was not online since 4 weeks and I need to be done by the end of this week. I also could probably do this by hand... but don't have the time for it in this case.

So if anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks

(btw: I don't need to know how to "recreate" the effect from scratch since I basically know how to do it. But It would be way too much effort in this particular case I just need a very quick solution with a few variations... just like in the example. So the template or used package would be most helpful ; )

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:57:03 pm

Looks like the still images were traced in Illustrator and where some elements were separated into layers.

In After Effects would become 3D layers then animated and composited with the original photographs.

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 11:14:18 pm

thanks for your answer... but like i said, I am mainly looking for the particular package or template which was used.

i need it for a very quick project and it's way too much effort to do this by hand.

i am sure it's a template or a preset effect of some slideshow software.

... so if anyone recognizes it, please tell me

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 11:44:56 pm

Marc, Brian gave you the best answer that you're going to get. If you find the magic software that will do this without any work on your part, let us know; we'd all love to see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on Jan 18, 2011 at 12:07:45 am

No need to be sarcastic.

It's obvious for several reasons that this comes out of the can and I bet all that was done is to specify the in and out image and transition time.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 12:11:38 am

I wasn't being sarcastic. I have earnest professional interest in finding such software.

Also, Brian is an experienced and helpful person whose information and advice should be heeded. I would not have dismissed him as you did.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

by on Jan 18, 2011 at 12:25:34 am

I thanked him for his answer. Maybe you missed that. But it was clearly not answering the question since I stated in my post that I know how to do this manually.

FYI: even the edit was done before any answer was posted.

... hoping that this time you actually READ my post and not just try to teach me manners.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Which Effect / Preset / Template is used in this example ?
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:38:33 am

The magic software in question might be AquaFadas PulpFX [link] -- there's a demo included with Noise Industries FX Factory [link].

Otherwise, I think you could build a similar effect pretty easily by using a series of luma keys (keying out dissimilar) to cut the image up into Ansel Adams-style exposure zones and animating each segment in 3D space.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:24:26 pm

Thank you Walter,

PulpFX looks very nice. I watched the demomovies and I'm getting the Testversion right now.

About the workflow you suggested.... This is a possibility I have not considered yet and it probably would produce good looking results.
Only for what I have to do, none of the "handmade" solutions is worth the effort. I need a couple of those or similar transitions and apply it to around 100-150 images in a very limited amount of time ; )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]