ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Inconsistent framerates in Twixtor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari RamírezInconsistent framerates in Twixtor
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 2:31:58 am

Hey Creative, first poster here.

Recently I started re-editting the original Tron movie. I have it in MKV format, at 23,976fps, so neither Premiere nor AE would open it; so I converted it to MOV. I started the editing job in Premiere with no problem, but then I wanted to slow down the opening using Twixtor in a way that it fitted a certain song.

I imported the file (the whole movie) and keyframed it as I needed with Twixtor. In previews, the video sometimes would stop briefly (for about 3 or 4 frames), but when I exported it, it still froze periodically.

I checked the settings of the composition in AE and apparently, when I converted the MKV file to MOV, it changed from 23,976fps to 25fps. YEt somehow, the movie went on normally when played back or in Premiere.

I tried changing the composition and Twixtor settings, without getting results. Can I get some avdice?

I forgot to add, I used TVC to convert the orginal file.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inconsistent framerates in Twixtor
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 8:54:23 pm

[Ari Ramírez] "I have it in MKV format... I used TVC to convert the orginal file."

I'm confused: does this mean you converted an MKV file to something else, or that you used TVC to create an MKV?

In either case, I would avoid MKV files. Stick with AVI or Quicktime. Get more storage if you need it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ari RamírezRe: Inconsistent framerates in Twixtor
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 12:45:41 am

The original file was .mkv, I converted it with TVC to get a .mov to work with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved