ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

realtime slowmotion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cherlique lilienthalrealtime slowmotion
by on Jan 16, 2011 at 4:32:05 am

I saw this effect in music videos such as "dj got us falling in love again" by usher & "presuit of happyness" by kid cudi. the artist moves in realtime while the crowd moves in slowmotion or faster than realtime. how is this effect achived? i tought it was greenscreen but at certain parts they interact with people in the slow moving crowd. i also tought of rotoscoping but it looks so perfect. so my last tought was asking you guys. can any body help me?

Return to posts index

Jason BrownRe: realtime slowmotion
by on Jan 16, 2011 at 5:26:24 am

I've seen this done with high-speed cameras...the one I'm remembering is a train station, train drives by very quickly, so when played back train moves at a nice panning speed, but the elements (people walking, etc) look like they are in slow motion.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: realtime slowmotion
by on Jan 16, 2011 at 11:48:19 am

Here's a post I answered earlier- it may give you some ideas:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: realtime slowmotion
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 2:51:48 pm

It looks perfect because it's done by pros who have a lot of experience and who took the time to plan it out well. It's either green screen or rotoscoping with the interactions planned out. What sort of interaction were you talking about? I'm not going to search for the videos you're talking about then look through them hoping to see the interaction you're talking about. There are several different ways to do it, depending on how they're interacting so knowing exactly what you're looking for would help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved