ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion blur frames rendering wrong

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valerie TracyMotion blur frames rendering wrong
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:33:31 am

I'm rendering a project in AE CS4 with lots of motion blur on lots of different vector layers, including text. Everything looks fine in the previews, I'm watching my collapse transform buttons, 3D layers, etc. but when it renders, certain frames get "stuck" on the motion blur from the frame before. So they're not settling into their non-blurry, stationary positions. This doesn't happen across the board with all text and other vector images, just sometimes. It doesn't even render the same wrong frames render-to-render. I've tried a couple different codecs, as I was initially just dump-rendering without compression, but they all do the same thing... is this just a glitch I'll have to live with??? has anyone else come across this problem?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Motion blur frames rendering wrong
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:26:08 pm

Do you have multiprocessing turned on?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Valerie TracyRe: Motion blur frames rendering wrong
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:41:39 pm

multiprocessing is off.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Motion blur frames rendering wrong
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 4:40:03 pm

are you using any of the cc time effects (time blend, widetime...)? they can produce unusual behaviors like that if you don't stick with a workflow that involves always going back the the first frame of the comp and clearing the cache before every preview and render.

also, make sure you have the latest update for cs4 (9.0.3).

if your not seeing the problem in preview, only in the final render, what codec are you rendering to? if it is compressed, particularly mpeg2 or h.246 or simliar, i would try a lossless or uncompressed codec, then compress it with a compression utility after rendering, if needed.

codecs like mpeg-2 and h.264 use temporal compression which involves the computer to look at frames within an interval and decide if much has changed in those frames, or portions of those frame. if it it decides that not much has changed, then it keep the data from a single frame (or portion of a single frame), and that can cause similar behavior to what you describe.

one last thing you could try, at the expense of render time, is to disable motion blur and add an adjustment layer at the top of the comp and add cc force motion blur an see if that helps at all.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Valerie TracyRe: Motion blur frames rendering wrong
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 5:27:23 pm

I'm not using any CC effects, and I'm rendering uncompressed. I'll try the adjustment layer! The only solution I've found so far is to render once with motion blur, and then again without motion blur, and cutting the two together to eliminate the problem areas. It's just very time consuming!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]