ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Lens Flare Spill advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan MaghranLens Flare Spill advice
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:53:14 pm

Hello All,

I'm no AE afficionado, but I am working with some green screen footage and I am attempting to get a generated lens flare to appear like it is coming from behind the subject but still spilling onto his front and face. Whenever I create a new flare on the keyed out layer, it sits behind the subject as expected, looking fake. If I am confusing you, use this music video as an idea.

Look at 0:27 or 0:40

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Lens Flare Spill advice
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:14:39 am

The term for this kind of thing is "light wrap".

Here's an After Effects Community Help search for 'light wrap' that brings up some useful results.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Lens Flare Spill advice
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:28:01 pm

And, just for the record, a lens flare should always be one of your top layers because a real lens flare is not something that is on set that you would film; it's an in-camera artifact caused by a bright light source hitting the lens. You will need to keyframe the lens flare so that it goes away as the light source moves behind the person and (as Todd mentioned) wrap light them until the light source comes into view again.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved