ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Blur Artifact

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal PetroskyMotion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:13:56 pm

I'm experiencing a very weird motion blur artifact using AE CS3...
I've attached a frame as I'm not sure how to describe it. It seems to only happen when I make a layer 3D and try to do any movement with the layer. It only happens on 2 or 3 frames.

Any help figuring out what's causing this and how to NOT have it happen would be extremely helpful.

Neal

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:15:29 pm

Hmmmm.... where's the frame? I don't find it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neal PetroskyRe: Motion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:42:31 pm

1484_work10secjan20110.00.02.00.jpg.zip

Hmm, try this?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Motion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:34:54 pm

There are no effects on that layer at all? That is very strange. You don't happen to have OpenGL on do you?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:07:14 pm

Since you're running AE8, I'll hypothesize that it's the nature of the footage you're using; this particular issue was solved in AE 10. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVCHD, mp4, mts, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

I'm a Mac guy, so I like to convert to Quicktime movies in the Animation or PNG codecs; both are lossless. I'll use Apple's Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime Pro to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neal PetroskyRe: Motion Blur Artifact
by on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:10:21 pm

Thanks Dave...the footage is shot on an HVX200a and cut in FCP. I usually export via Quicktime at HD 960x720 with no compression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]