ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects renders our my project partially blurry and partially clear

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arno Van Waeyenberg
After Effects renders our my project partially blurry and partially clear
on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:35:52 pm

My project consists of a 30 minute tutorial screen cast which together consists of 6 layers. I'm rendering it out in H.264 format, 30fps, size 1152*864 (original size). Whenever it is finished rendering everything looks fine up until 20 minutes or so, at which point the video becomes very blurry and low quality. Does anybody know what is causing this? Any possible solutions?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: After Effects renders our my project partially blurry and partially clear
on Jan 11, 2011 at 8:02:46 pm

how does the preview in after effects look at that point?

if it looks good, try rendering to something like quicktime lossless animation or quicktime photo-jpeg at around 90% quality, then use a compression utility to do the h.264 compression to whatever container you're working with (.mov, .mp4, etc.). apple's compressor, sorenson squeeze, adobe media encoder and mpeg-streamclip are just a few utilities that will do multi-pass encoding for h.264, which will produce much better streaming video than ae will.

if it looks bad, then there is something else happening.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Arno Van Waeyenberg
Re: After Effects renders our my project partially blurry and partially clear
on Jan 13, 2011 at 4:42:49 pm

Thanks for the advice. I rendered it as a quick time animation (which looked good) and then tried to render it in the Adobe Media Encoder which didn't work well since it crashed whenever it was close to finishing. I tried to render it in mpeg-streamclip which worked as a charm!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]