ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

write-on text CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel White
write-on text CS5
on Jan 11, 2011 at 2:58:20 am

In CS4 and previous versions of AE, you could use the vector paint tool to write-on text (make it look like your text was being written on the screen) by selecting the matte-reveal option... this made your brush strokes reveal the image they were painting on. Does anyone know how to achieve this in CS5 without the vector paint tool? Thanks!
Joel

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: write-on text CS5
on Jan 11, 2011 at 4:11:51 am

There are several ways. There's information on using the Stroke effect (my preferred way) here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Joel White
on Jan 11, 2011 at 4:23:44 am

Thanks for the response, Todd! That looks like it could be an option. Just to be clear, is there no way to do it in CS5 paint? Is that option obsolete now?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:23:45 am

Yes, you can do it with the Paint effect, too. As I said, there are many ways.

Here's a search.

Return to posts index

Joel White
on Jan 11, 2011 at 9:04:08 pm

The stroke option requires you to set a mask. Which is not what I wanted to do. I wanted the option to have my brush strokes animated by hand and using them to reveal my image... like I used to do regularly in CS4 with vector paint. I feel like stroke is not the method I am looking for. I've been googling this for 2 days now and can't find a specific solution. Any other specific solutions would be really appreciated! THanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 11, 2011 at 9:08:58 pm

Use the Brush tool to apply strokes of the Paint effect. Set strokes to Write-on.

Return to posts index

Joel White
on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:31:45 am

Yes, but that only shows your brush stroke color... I need the brush stroke to reveal the image underneath that Im writing on top of. There was an option in vector paint called "as matte" I believe, and that let my strokes reveal the image.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 12, 2011 at 1:09:33 am

Your paint strokes can just be on the alpha channel, which means that you can use them to reveal or obscure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]