ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Echo/Trail/Ghosting Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony KorkidakisEcho/Trail/Ghosting Problem
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 7:18:14 am

Hey all

I need a very specific time echo effect and im going mad trying to figure out how to do it. Not sure if maybe there's an expression for it.. but anyway, here goes:

I need essentially exactly what the echo effect does, but rather than have each echoing instance run through the whole timeline, i need it to be still. In other words, I want my image to trail, but all past "trails" are to be freeze framed rather than moving. I don't want every echo to run through the motions of the whole frame - I want them to be perpetually frozen to whatever they were when they were formed.

With time blend I'm able to get something along the lines of what I need, but even at 99% it begins to fade very quick.

I also tried messing with trapcode's echospace to no avail..

Does someone have a suggestion? It would be hugely appreciated. I've scoured tutorials and suggestions here and all over the interwebs and have come up empty.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Echo/Trail/Ghosting Problem
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 8:38:46 pm

Here's a thread that discusses what you want to do, I think.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1790587#1790587

Have you looked into CC TimeFX?

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anthony KorkidakisRe: Echo/Trail/Ghosting Problem
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:40:44 pm

Hey Joey

I actually came across that thread in my research. I messed around with CC Time FX but if there's a way to do what Im looking for, I didn't figure it out. I also found a tutorial on the effect and it didn't shed much light on using it for what I'm trying to do.

Same with the combo of time remapping + echo. The response says its possible but gives no indication how, so I've frustrated myself trying to find the solution. I can see how it might be done manually, but I need to do it over entire sequences so thats not very realistic.

Do you have any idea on how the effects should be applied to get the result? It seems like

Thanks for the reponse!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]