ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Boris for AE crashes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Halsey
Boris for AE crashes
on Jan 7, 2011 at 7:22:02 pm

Trying the latest download Boris Complete for AE CS5 crashes AE as soon as most of the effect are tried.
W7 x64 3.6ghz 12gb ram Nvidia FX3800 graphics card.
Any body had similar probs.
William.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Boris for AE crashes
on Jan 7, 2011 at 11:05:31 pm

i don't have any boris effects, but zaxwerks effects will usually crash if multiprocessing is enabled, so you might try disabling mp and see if that helps (preferences>multiprocessing).

another possibility is opengl. if the effects have an option to use opengl, gpu or hardware acceleration or anything like that, try disabling that option. you can disable opengl in the previews preference, but the effect may also have an option, and you'll want to make sure that is off too.

note: if you have the caps lock key on and apply an effect, it won't start rendering the preview, so it shouldn't crash until the caps lock is release. this can allow you to apply an effect and look for a gpu option.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

William Halsey
on Dec 20, 2011 at 6:37:29 pm

Hello Kevin,
I have just managed a short test today after carrying out all your suggestions and it seems to have cured the problem. Sadly I didn't try them separately so am unable to tell which, or, if one was the cause.
Thanks again for you help.
William.

Return to posts index

Jon Eaton
on Dec 18, 2011 at 3:16:01 am

Same here and no one is talking about a fix of any kind!

Return to posts index

William Halsey
on Dec 18, 2011 at 6:30:31 pm

Hi Jon thanks for your reply,I will give it a try. It's strange that I have not had a response form Boris. The only progs installed on the comp are CS5 suite and Boris. I was hoping that using a better Graphics card that Boris would have worked smoothly.
Thanks for your help will post an update.
Thanks William

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]