ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Text Globe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindley Film
3D Text Globe
on Jan 7, 2011 at 2:07:44 am

Hi,

I tried all day yesterday to recreate this "text sphere" in the link below but was unable to do so. I can't work out how the front hemisphere appears to be composed of larger text than the back hemisphere.

I've tried CC Sphere and the 3d text circle preset but don't get this result, can you please tell me what I'm missing?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: 3D Text Globe
on Jan 7, 2011 at 6:12:55 am

> I can't work out how the front hemisphere appears to be composed of larger text than the back hemisphere.

That's a natural result of using CC Sphere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Lindley Crimson
on Jan 7, 2011 at 11:29:58 am

Thank you for the reply.

When I use the CC sphere effect the text is very difficult to read as it is now set against the text at the back of the sphere - I can't get the text at the front of the sphere anywhere near as distinctive as it is in the example.

Here are the steps i've taken:
1. Fill a comp with a single layer consisting of rows of "Earth" text - that fill the entire screen
2. Apply the CC sphere effect
3. Use the rotate parameter

How can i make the text at the front of the sphere "pop" and not get lost against the text rotating behind it?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 7, 2011 at 2:53:17 pm

Make 2 compositions(say 2000x1000) of your text. In the first make large text filling the comp, the second comp will be the smaller text. Now create your final comp and bring both texts into it. Larger text goes on top of the layer stack. Add CC Spere to the effect and set up your radius, rotation...and most importantly set the Render to "Outside". Now copy the effect and drop in on the smaller text but set the render to "Inside".

Adjust the lights for the two layers to taste, lowering the intensity of the smaller layers and you should be there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Lindley Crimson
on Jan 8, 2011 at 4:07:15 am

Fantastic, thank you Johnny, much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]