ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I've invoked something that is blocking my work, can't back it out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry PutnamI've invoked something that is blocking my work, can't back it out
by on Jan 7, 2011 at 12:11:41 am

Running CS5 trial on Windows 7 (64bit)

I've hit a key combo or some button or similar that has invoked a tool of some kind that I do not recognize, it seems to be some kind of selection or masking tool, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

I posted a panicy message on the Adobe forums and now here but in the meantime I noticed that when I hover the mouse right over this square framing tool of some kind I see an icon by the mouse arrow that looks very like the `pan behind' tool.

So far I haven't seen how to turn it off or otherwise git rid of it. I must have invoked it inadvertantly and need to get rid of it since its completely blocking the work I'm doing.

I've googled up a few hits on it but so far have only seen how to turn it on with button or `y' key but apparently it is not a toggle since the section thing on the comp window stays there blooking a dozen or more layers I'm working on.
See two screen grabs at the link but only the comp window is still current. I deleted the `precomp' layer that for a moment I thought was the cause of the tools being there... but no not so.

Comp Window

Return to posts index

Harry PutnamRe: I've invoked something that is blocking my work, can't back it out
by on Jan 7, 2011 at 12:26:23 am

I've been shown the answer so ignore this post if you please.

I stumbled around and got straightened out from a response on adobe forums where I was told to look into the `Region of interest tool"

I had already noticed that it turned off the selector part put still my layere were invisible. A combonation of turning of Region of interest and walking the undo's back clear to the limit restored things to place where I could see how to proceed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]