ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilize Footage In After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian LeoStabilize Footage In After Effects
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 1:09:37 am

Hi. Does anyone know how to stabilize shaky footage in After Effects without motion tracking? Is there a plug-in that I can download or that comes with After Effects? I tried the motion tracking method and it worked, but I want to sort of turn the camera 360 degrees round and the point where I want to track might go out of sight. Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Stabilize Footage In After Effects
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 7:16:35 am

> ... but I want to sort of turn the camera 360 degrees round and the point where I want to track might go out of sight.

So use more than one track. I.e., track one element in the shot until it goes out of sight, and then use another one, and so on.

I don't think that you're going to find a simpler way to stabilize motion in After Effects than using the Stabilize feature in the After Effects motion tracking system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Stabilize Footage In After Effects
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 8:34:37 am

just a quick tip, regular stabilization doesn't work on pans, but if you're keeping an object centralized, it should work. alt-drag the tracker to new trackable spots before they leave the border.

for pans, you'll need to use timewarp, syntheyes, deshaker(virtualdub)

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]