ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

working with animated 3d models in after effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richie Tovellworking with animated 3d models in after effects.
by on Jan 1, 2011 at 12:00:45 pm

Hi guy's ;)

Could anyone clue me in as to how I might best achieve this?

? Is it possible to import an (animated) 3ds max model in to after effects, for example an animation of a walking person, or other complex animated model?

I am looking to do two things with the model :D (once in AE). Firstly to light it using the compositions lights and secondly to project video on to it's surface, any clues? I have a feeling zaxwerks 3d warps can import 3ds max models but as I've never done it myself I dont know for sure, perhaps 3d warps can handle a "statick" model but what about a model with animated movments? I don't know.

I'm a little out of touch to be honnest, so I thought someone here might be able to give me some tips or pointers as to what plugins can do this or how AE can do this, what steps I am likely to have to work through etc?

I'd really appreciae any help.

many thanks

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: working with animated 3d models in after effects.
by on Jan 1, 2011 at 2:20:30 pm

It's possible to import a Photoshop PSD document with a 3D object layer, and the 3D object on that layer can be animated.

But this is a limited feature, so don't expect much out of it. It's only intended for relatively simple things.

In general, it makes more sense to import other information from 3D programs, as described here.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved