ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lens Flare dots in the Shot! Any hope ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Busiello
Lens Flare dots in the Shot! Any hope ??
on Dec 30, 2010 at 1:31:25 am

Hi!

Today I had a greenscreen shooting which went pretty well. When i watched the footage i noticed a few pretty annoying lens flare dots caused by one of the light bulbs in the studio. They dots quite small but still noticeable in my opinion. see the picture below:

The shot is static and there are no camera movements. My question to the community here is: Which afx techniques do you suggest to remove those lens flare dots ? Please give me a reason to hope :)

Cheers

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Lens Flare dots in the Shot! Any hope ??
on Dec 30, 2010 at 2:38:19 am

I like Chris's way, too. The CC Wire Removal effect is good at "pinching" an image so that it closes over a dust speck or other small detail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Lens Flare dots in the Shot! Any hope ??
on Dec 30, 2010 at 2:35:00 am

I'd probably use the Clone Stamp tool, either manually animated or (if you can get a good track on the lens flare) using motion tracking. Here's a video tutorial that shows the idea:
"Removing an object with Clone Stamp"

Or you could blur them out, if they're slight and only over the solid-colored areas. Like so:
"Removing a logo from a moving image"

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]