ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Anyone interesting in sharing 2011 Creative/Professional Goals?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig WallAnyone interesting in sharing 2011 Creative/Professional Goals?
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 9:53:49 pm

Over the past decade I've enjoyed constructing goals for the new year. I have a good friend that shares this practice. We swap our goals and periodically check up with each other over the course of the year to see how we are doing.

This year I'm looking to also find at least one online peer (that shares my profession) with which to share goals at the beginning of the year...and then we can check in with each other to see how things are going throughout the new year. I've been a motion graphics professional for over a decade and I'm looking to find someone who can relate to the specific challenges and interests.

I won't share all the goals here but here are a couple:

-Master Syntheyes and Mocha and complete at least 5 new tracking projects with these tools.
-Create new Flash website that features lots of interactive 3d
-Market to all local Telecom companies, with specific Telecom portfolio pieces and samples

One thing I'm looking at doing is creating a learning calendar that matches my goals.

Anyone interested? It's not just a thread, here. I'm looking for people who will thoughtfully craft goals and are seeking to be accountable to them throughout the year.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

Craig WallRe: Anyone interesting in sharing 2011 Creative/Professional Goals?
by on Dec 28, 2010 at 8:46:34 am

My request may go unanswered due to lack of unfamiliarity, which I'd certainly understand.

I do encourage everyone to set measurable goals....creatively and for your business operation. Find a buddy or two to share them with...and REVIEW as the year goes along.

I share mine with my best friend and with my cousin. It just would be more meaningful if they understood things like ActionScript, Tracking and Match Grain! LOL

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Anyone interesting in sharing 2011 Creative/Professional Goals?
by on Dec 31, 2010 at 5:10:52 pm

Craig, this was a great post -- it's nice to talk about something other than the mechanics of After Effects.

My goals for 2011:
  • An epic rebrand of my studio.
  • More 3D motion graphics work with Cinema 4D. I'm aiming for one project a month.
  • Introduce color correction as a service. I've been doing it for years on projects where I'm involved in the editorial and finishing, but I'd like to bring in 2 to 4 color-only projects this year.
  • More social media. I'd like to dust off my blog, so I'm aiming to post twice per month.

Thanks again for starting this conversation. Please feel free to contact me off-forum if you want keep in touch and compare notes on our progress.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Craig WallRe: Anyone interesting in sharing 2011 Creative/Professional Goals?
by on Dec 31, 2010 at 9:35:53 pm

Walter, delighted you responded. I'll contact you offline. Happy New Year!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]