ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blurry Text after render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanley LittleBlurry Text after render
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 9:26:50 pm

I'm doing a project using Particular 2 but when I enable the DOF on the camera to blur out the particles I made with Particular the text is find when I preview the project but when I render it the text come out blurry.

Mac Pro
CS5

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Blurry Text after render
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:18:21 pm

Do you by chance have your composition set to draft 3d mode and your render settings set to render everything at best quality?
The key would be to make sure your camera is pulling focus to your text when you want it to be sharp. Or, if you don't care to maintain the realism of the camera DOF, you can have your render settings set to render it at draft quality.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stanley LittleRe: Blurry Text after render
by on Dec 28, 2010 at 1:45:04 am

My comp is set to draft 3D and I set the render setting to best quality but I'm still getting blurry text. I'm not understanding what's happening here it preview fine but won't render.

Thanks for your reponse.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2010 at 2:32:42 pm

Right. Your comp is set to draft 3d which means it won't show depth of field on AE layers. Since Particular is an effect (and a third-party one at that), it is not effected by the draft 3d switch at all. So you'll get nice blurred particles, but your text will always be crisp, no matter where it is. However, when you render, you've told it to render at full quality, not draft. Therefore, in your final render, your text is effected by the depth of field.

You have two options (as I mentioned in my first post):
1. Render in draft 3d (not the best option)
2. Switch off draft 3d in your comp and change the camera's focus distance so that your text is in focus. (best option) You can change it back to draft 3d to work on the animation/timing, etc. but when you're trying to work with the focus (or lights and shadows), you'll want to switch draft 3d off. That's why the switch is there.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2010 at 7:37:14 pm

Hey Mike, If u get a chance watch Andrew Kramer tutorial # 54 Advance camera tips..That's is what I'm trying to do. I tried rendering without 3d draft and with it it but I'm still getting the dof on the text. If I pull focus on the text I lose the dof on the background.

Thanks for all your help.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2010 at 10:31:57 pm

Thanks Mike I got it now :)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:07:48 pm

I'm glad you figured it out. Others may have a similar issue, so it would be nice if you could share what you did so others can follow you when they search the forum for answers later.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on Dec 29, 2010 at 12:16:00 am

Thanks Mike I got it now :)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:22:32 am

I had to enable camera setting in the render section in Particular then set the comp to draft 3d render setting must be set to Current Setting.

Thanks Again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]