ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe Product Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack pedleham
Adobe Product Problems
on Dec 22, 2010 at 2:24:45 am

Hi, After using after effects for over 4 years and never had ANY problems with it, today...when i actually need it the most, it decides to be annoying and have the inability to launch. Now ive been through all fixesfrom deleting my preferences etc and yet it still persists, the splashscreen comes up and will crash at 'initializing user interface' unless clicked at which point it also crashes instantly.

Then to top it all of this happens with every single adobe product i own for some obscure reason. So i tried to uninstall but oh no adobe dont do things conventionally and put an uninstaller in there do they?!. so i downloaded an uninstall tool, that just tried to reinstall the entire suite. i ran the uninstaller from programs and features (vista) and that then failed, tried the cleanup utility etc i just cant seem to get rid of the damn thing to try a reinstall...any ideas what was causing the initial crash etc? im running vista 32bit on an AMD Phenom Quad core machine 4GB ram 1GB Graphics , CS4 Master collection.

Thanks

J.

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: Adobe Product Problems
on Dec 22, 2010 at 12:31:50 pm

This isn't going to help, but I'm having the same exact problem except with Encore CS5 (On an Intel G5 Mac Pro). Everything was working a few weeks ago; and for whatever reason it now just crashes at the splash screen. My CS4 version works, so I'm using that until whatever they "fixed" gets unfixed. -I haven't installed anything new in the last few months; no new cards, software....etc. It just stopped working. Weird.

Tim

Return to posts index

Alexis Gutiérrez Cotero
on Dec 23, 2010 at 2:06:13 am

Maybe it´s because you download the upload of your software, and if your software it´s not original the upload it´s able to crash your software. I suggest you buy it.

Return to posts index

jack pedleham
on Dec 31, 2010 at 1:42:05 am

Excuse me but they are originals! Ive tried a complete reinstall of the entire suite and they still dont seem to want to work, are there any known compatibility issues with other softwares?

Return to posts index

jack pedleham
on Dec 31, 2010 at 9:17:50 am

Well a complete reinstall didnt work, it must be a compatibility issue as AE Works fine in safe mode. Adobe are no help either they say its aprblemat my end which i now know. I think my best bet is to remove all the little programs and tools that arent major softwares and test AE Afterwards.

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Dec 31, 2010 at 12:41:43 pm

Yeah, just ignore that dude. I found it was a plugin that wasn't updated that was crashing the program. Be sure to check if all your plugins are up to date. Hope this helps.

Tim

Tim

Return to posts index

jack pedleham
on Jan 3, 2011 at 5:11:17 pm

it kinda did help actually :) i found that deleting the plugins does nothing to help but whilst i was going to the plugin directiory to restore them i noticed the AfterFX.com file, it seems to run from this file but still refuses to run from the AfterFX.exe :/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]