ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

XDCAM EX clips from FCP have huge green pixels in AE/Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon McFarlandXDCAM EX clips from FCP have huge green pixels in AE/Media Encoder
by on Dec 21, 2010 at 7:28:33 pm

I am trying to work with some EX-1 108024p footage that has been converted to quicktime XDCAM EX codec using the transfer tool for FCP. Now I am getting this display error that quicktime doesn't exhibit.

Here is what it looks like in AE:

It also looks the same in media encoder.

Any ideas on why Adobe can't handle this footage? This problem is new to CS5, since this has been a workflow I've used in the past with CS4 and below.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: XDCAM EX clips from FCP have huge green pixels in AE/Media Encoder
by on Dec 21, 2010 at 7:47:41 pm

Looks like a codec/card issue - search the forum for problems generated by Aja cards and codecs if you have one of those. If you don't, hang in there, someone will have an answer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Brani SulekRe: XDCAM EX clips from FCP have huge green pixels in AE/Media Encoder
by on Jan 16, 2011 at 5:18:28 pm

Hi Brandon,

Got exactly the same issue, but it appeared after upgrading AE CS5 from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 version (10.0.1.19). I haven't had this issue before that with out of box install. Reason for updating was my frustration over speed of rendering... Researched a couple posting related to 32 bit versus 64 bit mode of MAC OSX, and I was hoping Adobe's update could fix that. Well, looks like rendering performance issue has gone, but now I can't use my workflow any more... Exactly the same green pixelization... Did you manage to resolve this somehow?

Brani

Return to posts index

Paul AasenRe: XDCAM EX clips from FCP have huge green pixels in AE/Media Encoder
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:39:26 pm

I Have the same exact problem when encoding both H.264 and FLV, it seems like Adobe Media Encoder doesn't decode the mov-file correctly, as is in the source window shows the frames as green, pixelated and garbled as in the above screenshot.

I wonder if the past 6 months have provided some solution?

I am running Adobe Media Encoder 5.0.1.0 (64-bit) on a MacBookPro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 with 4GB memory.

This is also messing up my workflow, and I fear going back to using Apple Compressor for making my h.264-files

Hope we figure this out!

-paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]