ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

subtitles workflow ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonas espinozasubtitles workflow ?
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:34:19 pm

so I have an edit in FCP with text cards for my subtitles

have a couple of issues

1 - getting to AE -- would boris or the xml import to AE plugins work to get these sub titles into after effects?

2 - white or yellow subs are sometimes over bright areas
was thinking about someway to have black rectangles behind the type. could look cool also

would there be a way to have a solid size to the size of the type or are there any layer styles or settings where i could have rectangles the just a bit bigger than the footprint of the type. think highlighting text in a word proc, or like some magazines and news networks have done lately. it can look cool, but trying to avoid having to size them all with masks. its a 13 min show, lots of lines of txt

thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: subtitles workflow ?
by on Dec 21, 2010 at 2:50:53 pm

To do what you want, be prepared to: 1) open your wallet or 2) go the semi-free route, but spend a lot of time exporting from FCP.

For the semi-free method, you would have to export the subtitles separately as an alpha-channeled quicktime movie, taking up export time, taking up storage space, both of which may be kind of silly for you.

The open-your wallet-method requires buying either Automatic Duck or the Boris applications that XML exports and convert them into AE comps.

The freebie fcp2ae application from Popcorn Island won't cut it in your case.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved