ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Real life camera moves to after effects cameras

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd SegalReal life camera moves to after effects cameras
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:23:47 am

I have a handheld shot that i want to add a particle system to using Particular. I want to know if theres a way to track actual camera movement in mocha, and convert the data to a 3D camera in after effects.
Theres no other movement in my shot other then position, rotation and point of interest. What should i do?

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: Real life camera moves to after effects cameras
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:32:30 am

Hi,

You mean something like this...? http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/magic_tracking/

Return to posts index

Todd SegalRe: Real life camera moves to after effects cameras
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:06:26 pm

Can this be applied to a particle system? I would like a 3D camera to move exactly the same as my real life camera.

Return to posts index

Matthew KeaneRe: Real life camera moves to after effects cameras
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:37:19 pm

Hi,

I think - only having listened to the tutorial once while I was doing something else - that it uses some nifty expressions to fix a point in 3D space. In the tutorial, the point is the base of the road signs, but it could just as well be an 3D null that you use to position an emitter. So it should work. Failing that, you might have to look at a real 3D tracker like the CameraTracker plugin from the Foundry.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Real life camera moves to after effects cameras
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 7:04:32 pm

There's no way to make Mocha do a 3d camera track. It is not a 3d tracker. You will want to use a 3d camera tracker. PFhoe, SynthEyes, Boujou, Voodoo (free), and Icarus (free) are all options. Most of them aren't made specifically for AE, but there's a tutorial for using Voodoo with AE kicking around somewhere.
Ideally however, you would get the Foundry's AE 3d tracker. It works inside of AE and, from all acounts, does a great job.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]