ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Formatting issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nader ShidfarFormatting issues
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:56:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I am having some issues with a video that I am making for a friend:

I am trying to make it a small enough size to fit on a dvd or to send it to him through the net, but after I export my vid it is still too big (after I bring down the resolution and all that)

It is a talk that he did at a college. It is approx. 1 hour and 40 mins in length.

Right now the specs on the video (based on exporting from After Effects) are:

Quality: Best
Resolution: third
Format: H.264

Please note that everything else was left the same and only the options listed were changed.

I also tried rendering it as a quicktime format with the photo-JPEG video codec. but that was 9.3 GB.

I shot it on my HVX200 720/24PN so it was in high quality but I made it standard def to make the file size smaller.

I would like to have the best quality I could have but still keep it a small file size but I know that that is not likely. I am relatively new to this so I apologize if I seem ignorant.

I appreciate your help and patience.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Formatting issues
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:42:02 pm

Why are you rendering it out of AE?
I would suggest using Adobe Media Encoder to do your final encode. It's got better options (especially for compressing into stuff like h.264 since it can do multipass encoding which AE can't do).

If you lower the data rate to about 2 Mbps, you should have a file less than 2 Gb and it will still look alright in 720.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Formatting issues
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:45:22 pm

[Nader Shidfar] "I am trying to make it a small enough size to fit on a dvd "

Why don't you author a DVD? You know, the kind that plays in DVD players? 1 hour 40 minutes will fit comfortably on it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved