ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS4 export Quicktime with leading header

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael RübAE CS4 export Quicktime with leading header
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:07:22 am

Hi everyone
I'm currently setting up a video and audio multitrack recorder/video server (Rosendahl bonsaiDRIVE). The problem is that this server only accepts uncompressed 8-bit Quicktime files with leading header. It no problem encoding those files with Quicktime Pro. As long as "Prepare for Internet Streaming" is checked everything's fine.
My problem is somewhere in After Effects. It's not possible to use the render queue as there's no way to activate "Prepare for Internet Streaming". It should be possible with Export -> Quicktime but somehow the server keeps refusing files created in that way and asks for a leading Quicktime header.

Do i really have to use Quicktime Pro to encode every file or is there any way to get a Quicktime with leading header straigt out of After Effects?

Every hint is welcome :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS4 export Quicktime with leading header
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:09:05 pm

AE isn't really built to deal with a lot of metadata when rendering, particularly Quicktime.

AE 10 is a 64-bit application, QT remains a 32-bit application, and Adobe Software engineers moved heaven & earth just to get AE to do rendering with QT.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael RübRe: AE CS4 export Quicktime with leading header
by on Dec 17, 2010 at 8:15:01 am

All right. Thanks for that information!
That's already a lot more than what i got from the Adobe forums :)
As mentioned server is for SD only it won't be used for much longer anyways. So i'll just wait until the problem solves itself...

Btw. it's really a great community you got here. Keep up the good work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved