ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how do they do this?, motion gfx

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glen Perezhow do they do this?, motion gfx
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:35:42 pm

hi guys, i want to know how do they do this effect (reverse engeneering mode on):
http://www.genarts.com/product
the shot where the drop falls (6") and the image gets like painted and deformed with colored ink.
thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: how do they do this?, motion gfx
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:55:20 pm

That looks like a combination of basic compositing on several clips of ink footage. It could be multiple masks with roughen edges applied, it could be footage of splatters used as track mattes, it could be a lot of different very basic things. All used to reveal footage of ink either soaking into paper or being dropped in water.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: how do they do this?, motion gfx
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:16:59 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "That looks like a combination of basic compositing on several clips of ink footage. It could be multiple masks with roughen edges applied, it could be footage of splatters used as track mattes, it could be a lot of different very basic things. All used to reveal footage of ink either soaking into paper or being dropped in water."

And since it's in the GenArts demo reel, I'm guessing there's a healthy dose of Sapphire Distort, or WarpBubble, or WarpDrops, or WarpMagnify, or WarpWaves to enhance that look where the image spreads out as if it were a 3D droplet being absorbed into the paper.

If you don't have Sapphire, you achieve a similar effect with a little work and the Displacement map effect.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]