ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyboard shortcuts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike hellingkeyboard shortcuts
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:34:48 am

i have used the "keyedup" script recommended by adobe to change my keyboard shortcuts.........it works great - except i cant find the shortcut for "hide adobe after effects" i am so used to using command h to hide my programs - i want to be able to use this for after effects..............any ideas?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: keyboard shortcuts
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:56:09 am

Does this note from After Effects Help help?
"Note: On Mac OS, some keyboard commands for interacting with the operating system conflict with keyboard commands for interacting with After Effects. Select Use System Shortcut Keys in the General preferences to override the After Effects keyboard command in some cases in which there’s a conflict with the Mac OS keyboard command."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

mike hellingRe: keyboard shortcuts
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:52:06 pm

todd - its not a question of system shortcuts vs application shortcuts................right now, by default, to hide after effects you use the shortcut "ctl - command - h" i simply want to change that shortcut to "command - h" again, i have some experience with keyed up - but that is one shortcut i cant find...............
thanks for your help

mike h

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: keyboard shortcuts
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:44:52 pm

[mike helling] "todd - its not a question of system shortcuts vs application shortcuts"

Yes, it is.

[mike helling] "right now, by default, to hide after effects you use the shortcut "ctl - command - h" i simply want to change that shortcut to "command - h" again, i have some experience with keyed up - but that is one shortcut i cant find"

If you go to After Effects > Preferences > General, then check the Use System Shortkey Keys box like Todd told you to, the Hide shortcut will change from Ctrl-Cmd-H to Cmd-H.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

mike hellingRe: keyboard shortcuts
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 9:32:52 pm

walter -
you and todd were both right on...........i made the change and its working just fine....
thank you.

mike h

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]