ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get video from AE to Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas SmithHow to get video from AE to Premiere
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 12:48:10 am

I have made a video in After Effects and now I want to get it into Premiere to use colour correction. When I just copy the video from the timeline from AE to Premiere It only shows like a small box of the video in Premiere ( kinda like its zoomed into the center of the video ) I have also tried exporting the video to an .avi and to a .mpeg both times caused me problems. I am using adobe CS3. So my question is. . . How do I get a video from after effects to premiere without compromising quality?

Thanks,
Nicholas

Return to posts index

Jesse ToulaRe: How to get video from AE to Premiere
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:57:52 am

Did you get Premiere and AE as part of a suite? If so you can use dynamic link.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/dynamiclink/

If not, you could render from After Effects as a .mov using Animation set to 100% quality.

What kind of problems were you getting when you rendered from AE?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to get video from AE to Premiere
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:16:37 am

> If not, you could render from After Effects as a .mov using Animation set to 100% quality.

I prefer the PNG codec over the Animation codec for this purpose. For photoreal images, the files are about half the size for the lossless compression at highest quality. (Animation uses RLE compression and therefore does better with cartoons and other kinds of movies with large expanses of a single color.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]