ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adobe AE (electric shock effect)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
teddy greggadobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Dec 12, 2010 at 11:58:28 pm

Hi everyone hope you are all well.
I am making a health and saftety video for an IT environment for college.My wife has bought me after effects for christmas.obviously i am gonna learn the software inside out by using tutorials etc.this however is not great,for my college h&s video it needs completed for next week and i have not been able to find tutorials for this problem.
i have a video clip of me fiddleing with wires at the back of a pc (not powered on) and i wanna give the illusion of an electric shock occuring near my hand.
can anyone help,running out of time.
thanx so much
tedddy

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: adobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:09:01 am

The Advanced Lightning effect is a good place to start for creating electrical phenomena.

I urge you to at least go through the basics before you try to take on a real project:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Matthew RowleyRe: adobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:10:10 am

Teddy,

You might try looking at some of the tutorials on http://www.videocopilot.net/

I'm not sure if it will help you with your problem, but some of the basic ideas may put you on the right track.

Matt

Sony EX1R
Adobe CS3

abdielpictures@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: adobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:14:51 am

[teddy gregg] "...it needs completed for next week and i have not been able to find tutorials for this problem...."

Would you happen to be more of a Windows guy than a Mac guy? Would you have happened to build a table in Microsoft Word in the past just by doping it out?

You can't really do that with AE. You really do have to know the basics. It's a "learn to walk before you run" kind of application.

Todd's given you the best way to simulate an electric shock. But if you intend to pursue AE knowledge, I highly recommend the link Todd provided.

In addition, if you want a truly comprehensive AE training aid that won't break the bank, I can personally recommend "Adobe After Effects CS5: Learn By Video" from Peachpit Press.

Google it. You'll find it. It's worth it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

teddy greggRe: adobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 8:29:52 pm

Guys thank you so much for taking time to help me,i appreciate it.didnt realise it would be such a learning curve,so many fundamentals to get used to on AE.Results on other people videos i have seen look worth it though.
cheers and take care.
Teddy

Return to posts index

haibin guoRe: adobe AE (electric shock effect)
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 9:20:18 am

我也同样遇到了这个问题,但是经过我反复研究发现还是win7的权限问题,你把不能渲染的硬盘盘符,名字换掉,会提示你需要管理员权限,点击ok,然后再去渲染,问题已经解决,非常完美。

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]