ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

flash vs AE for vector music clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vanessa Meagherflash vs AE for vector music clip
by on Dec 8, 2010 at 8:35:04 am

I would like to do a vector animation for a video clip. This will be highly dependent on the vector shapes morphing in sync with the beat.

In the past, for animating to music, i have used after effects which allows for markers to be placed whilst listening to the audio track, great for syncing purposes. AE also allows you to zoom in on the audio wave - again useful for working out when best to sync. Render preview can also be limited to the very small section you may be working on.

In Flash these options don't seem to be available - making it extremely difficult to get the face-paced timing right. Yet for vector animation Flash would be best.

I have never vector-animated in After effects - is this a viable solution?? OR are there better audio options i am unaware of in flash??

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: flash vs AE for vector music clip
by on Dec 9, 2010 at 1:17:50 am

It seems you should have posted in the Flash forum since you're asking for info about Flash functions. That said, something you may want to consider is what you need to deliver ... if it's truly "video" (for TV, DVD, etc.), AE will likely be the best bet ... if it's a web page or web page element/presentation, Flash will likely be the best bet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved