ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe LessardWorkflow
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 6:17:51 pm

Not sure if is the right place to post this but...here's the post!

We're a small motion graphic/editing studio with 2 motion workstation and 2 finalcut editing room, all set on macpro intel ,we mostly work in HD(prores/animation).We're all connected via gigabit to a 4.8TB raid 5server(hardware).When every station are busy, we encounter some slowinest, it's more noticable within after effect, like some random beach ball that can last 20 secs, long delay when opening an import window and of longer render time.We usually dont work in AE on the same medias, but sometime Final Cut and AE work on the same medias.So my question is, it is too much to ask for a single raid; it is better to work on internal storage(single HD sata 3gigabit).What is the best solution to get ride off this slowinest?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Workflow
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:16:43 pm

[Philippe Lessard] "We're a small motion graphic/editing studio with 2 motion workstation and 2 finalcut editing room, all set on macpro intel ,we mostly work in HD(prores/animation).We're all connected via gigabit to a 4.8TB raid 5server(hardware).When every station are busy, we encounter some slowinest"

Are you trying this over a single unmanaged gigabit switch, or do you have a multi-port Ethernet card on the server and a managed switch with link aggregation?

The COW's SAN forum is probably a better place for this conversation -- there are several independent shared storage experts and numerous helpful vendors there.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Philippe LessardRe: Workflow
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 8:03:32 pm

Yes we have a multi-port Ethernet card on the server and suppose to have a managed switch with link aggregation but this doesnt seem to work well!?

Thank anyway, I will check the SAN forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]