ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

footage tracked to tv screen (&perspective)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dai bolandfootage tracked to tv screen (&perspective)
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:02:46 pm

I am trying to put live footage into a cg tv, the virtual camera will also be quite shaky. I need the picture to fit to the screen and also have the appropriate perspective, is there anyway of doing this in a straightforward fashion without multiple, time consuming steps?
I can render the cg screen in bright colour (ie green/blue) if this helps. the most important thing is to get it to look as if the footgae is being shown on the tv (and the render programme I am using doesn`t have footage as a materila option yet - octane render)
I could render the footage on the screen in a different programme and composite it, but I thought there must be way of doing it in AE.
I would be thankful if anyone can help

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: footage tracked to tv screen (&perspective)
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:12:26 pm

Is there no way to output the camera date from your program?

If not, do a separate render of just the screen. No TV, no anything else in the scene, just the screen. Then you should be able to do corner pin tracking to the corners of the screen and apply that data to your footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved