ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Comp size/aspec ratio/ weird problem. Thank you very much.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick GivensComp size/aspec ratio/ weird problem. Thank you very much.
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 2:24:34 am

Hey how is everyone doing? first I would like to say thanks for taking the time to read about my problem. My situation is I messed up first off. Ive made big project that I have a huge amount of time in and I cannot get it on a dvd, in dvd player form, without it either being 1. The video is like split in half down the middle with either side doing like half the video. Little hard to explain. " if a boat were in the middle of the screen it would show up on the second half in the normal position but on the left half of the screen it would look like its coming in to the screen from the left side." or 2. being blurry. So my original aspect ratio is 720x405 which i made the mistake of doing. the frame rate is 29.97 and the pixel aspect ratio is set to square pixel. Now my 1 problem begins after I render it out. Once rendered into an avi format which is perfect quality. I insert it into convertxtodvd which is a program you might know of and thats where my first problem ends. My 2nd problem begins when I try to change aspect ratio to D1/DV and the preset to NTSC dv1 I try to render that out still same problem. Ive tried in the render settings to change the output to ntsc dv and still no avail. It is only when I change codec in the format options in the output modual to the codec of ntsc dv; in the render settings, that my video will not be split into half down the middle of the screen from top to bottom but its super blurry

I want to say I really appreciate whom ever takes the time to help me. Thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Comp size/aspec ratio/ weird problem. Thank you very much.
by on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:28:33 pm

hi nick,

you're in a bit of a hole on this one... you can try taking your 720x405 comp into a new ntsc dv widescreen comp (keep the same frame rate) and choose layer>transform>fit to comp width, and see how that looks. this is simply scaling your current comp up by around 20% so there will be some scaling artifacts. you can try enabling continuous rasterization in the layer switches (the one that looks like a little sun), which will help with any non-raster layers, but if you have 3d in your comp that may have some unexpected results.

if it looks good (or good enough), then the dvd software should work better with a 720x480 widescreen render.

if that doesn't look good enough, then i think you'll need to change your current comp setting to the ntsc dv widescreen preset and rework your elements. this may mean re-creating any raster elements so they are around 20% larger.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved