ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Window frost condensation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Erobs
Window frost condensation
on Dec 3, 2010 at 10:31:53 pm

I'm trying to create a transition where the image on screen frosts over as if you saw a timelapse of a window frosting over then wiping or scraping off to reveal the image behind it.

I read through a lot of the previous post which was really helpful in terms of creating a frost effect but didn't see anything where the entire screen frosts.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

_Rob_

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Window frost condensation
on Dec 4, 2010 at 3:46:10 pm

[Rob Erobs] "I'm trying to create a transition where the image on screen frosts over as if you saw a timelapse of a window frosting over then wiping or scraping off to reveal the image behind it. I read through a lot of the previous post which was really helpful in terms of creating a frost effect but didn't see anything where the entire screen frosts."

Can you show or describe in detail what you've done so far, and how you'd like to improve it?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Window frost condensation
on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:20:42 pm

I would think you could build on whatever other tips you've already got, then use some Fractal Noise or Turbulent Noise to finish it off.
As far as revealing another layer goes, look into using some frost as a Track Matte.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]