ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 to media encoder causes flickers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danelle vermeulenAfter Effects CS5 to media encoder causes flickers
by on Dec 3, 2010 at 9:43:06 pm

Hi,

I have recently rendered two comps out in AE cs5, both are identical content, but with some changed animations for timing purposes for a soundtrack change. They both render out great in AE. When I put them in Media Encoder however, only one compresses well; the other one has extreme strobing and flickering throughout the entire 2 minutes. I have searched the forums and found some similar, but nothing exact. Help!

Some stats:
HD/HDTV 1280x720 29.97 square pixel
AE render on default stats
Media Encoder choose H.264
Includes live action, text animations in 3d space, some opacity changes, motion blur for 3d text animations

Like I said, one version turns out perfect, the other with a sort of crazy rave effect! The one that turns out poorly is the original comp. I then copied and pasted all layers into a new comp, made a few animations timing changes to match a new soundtrack--and that is the one that turns out fine.

The only codec in encoder that produces a non-strobe, is the FLV, which will not work for my project but was a test.

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CS5 to media encoder causes flickers
by on Dec 4, 2010 at 2:30:29 am

[danelle vermeulen] "The one that turns out poorly is the original comp. I then copied and pasted all layers into a new comp, made a few animations timing changes to match a new soundtrack--and that is the one that turns out fine."

For the purposes of going on, which must you deliver: the one that works, or the one that doesn't?

I don't have a good explanation why this is happening, but I'm a firm subscriber to the notion that if you want to retime something, it's worth not taking shortcuts to do so: bite the bullet and move those keyframes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]