ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Green Video file?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Donaldson
Green Video file?
on Dec 1, 2010 at 6:18:36 pm

Hello. I recently purchased Video Copilot's Riot Gear. When I bring the file into AE, every file works except the Ink Splatters. When I click on a video file, it is replaced by a green screen. Why does this happen? I have used the files on another computer with no problem. My professor said that it might be some sort of setting that I have wrong in my version. How would I change this setting? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Green Video file?
on Dec 1, 2010 at 7:17:21 pm

Do the videos play on their own outside After Effects? If they are green it's likely that you don't have the correct video codec installed on the computer.

Return to posts index

Dan Donaldson
on Dec 1, 2010 at 7:58:43 pm

Yes, they do work outside of After Effects which is why I find it so odd that they do not work in After Effects. They are .MOV files. I tried converting them to .MP4 but the problem still persists.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:39:45 pm

Have you considered posting (or first looking for answers) on Video Copilot's support forums?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dan Donaldson
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:52:31 pm

I tried. No help. Why would only one section of a download not work? A download that includes multiple vido files with the same codec.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:41:03 pm

What version of AE do you have, what kind of computer is it on, what's the computer's OS and finally -- and you can't forget this one -- what's the codec of this green footage?

Highlight the clip in the AE project window, and read the info at the top to learn the codec.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Donaldson
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:55:59 pm

I have After Effects CS5 (10.0), Macbook Pro 13" 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and the codec is H.264.

Like I said before, this codec is the same as others in the Video Copilot Riot Gear, yet these are the only files which seem to not work.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 1, 2010 at 10:29:01 pm

[Dan Donaldson] "I have After Effects CS5 (10.0)..."

Get the free update to AE 10.0.1. It solves a lot of AE weirdness. And you're experiencing weirdness.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]