ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shapes warming in export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
saree riceShapes warming in export
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 10:57:42 pm

When exporting in AE, the shape seems to distort and squish, video and text do not change at all, only this circle, checking all formats to make sure they are the same when exporting as in the composition, cant figure it out. help if possible. many thanks!

before

After

Thankyou!
Saree

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeShapes warming in export? Well, cool 'em off, girl!
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 11:19:59 pm

Is your "after" shot supposed to be widescreen, or is it supposed to be 4x3?

Tell us all about the H&V resolution of your comp, and its pixel aspect ratio; you'll find the info in the comp's settings. Oh, and tell us what size & shape animation you're supposed to deliver, too.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

saree riceRe: Shapes warping in export? Well, cool 'em off, girl!
by on Dec 1, 2010 at 12:02:22 am

haha, correction, warping*

well, the comp settings are set automatically to the .mov file dropped into the project panel.

So here goes,
preset to: HDV 1080 25
width: 1440
height: 1080
aspect ratio locked: 4:3
pixel aspect ratio says: HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)
25 fps

so I want the final export to be the same as the footage brought in, but only that damn circle is being squished.

Am guessing its a problem with the PAR and the HDV footage? just cant figure why only the shape layer is being affected and not the text or footage.. Or i just sound like Im talking outta my a**

thank you so much for your patience and help!!!

Saree

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Shapes warping in export? Well, cool 'em off, girl!
by on Dec 1, 2010 at 2:27:01 pm

[saree rice] "Am guessing its a problem with the PAR and the HDV footage? just cant figure why only the shape layer is being affected and not the text or footage."

Yes, the PAR is the issue.

When working with anamorphic footage (like HDV), you should make sure the Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction button is toggled on. It's located at the bottom of the viewer panel and looks like this:

It will take your 1440x1080 (4:3) frame and stretch it anamorphically to 1920x1080 (16:9) in the viewer. While you're working, the preview may look a little jagged, but your renders will be fine.

Here's my diagnosis: the circle is affected because you tried to make it look round in the comp without PAR correction on. When the comp is stretched anamorphically, it stretches out to a short, fat ellipse.

If you shift-drag with the ellipse tool (to make a circle) in an anamorphic comp without PAR correction enabled in the viewer, it will look tall and skinny in a 4x3 frame, so that it will be round when it's stretched back out anamorphically to 16x9. If you enabled PAR correction in the viewer, it will look round in a 16x9 frame.

The text renders properly in the final output because AE knows the PAR is 1.33 and is automatically scaling accordingly, but you'll notice that it looks relatively taller and skinnier in your first image.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]