ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding a Frame??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allie Lopez-CuadraAdding a Frame??
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 2:56:18 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am just getting started with AE.....I bought an animation online and wanted to try and get the logo to come up after "from everyone at":

http://www.catalinasouthbeach.com/logisticare.mp4

My native file is here:

http://www.catalinasouthbeach.com/Seasons-Greetings-CS3.aep

I am used to adding a frame with Flash but can't figure out how to do that here...Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!!

Allie

Return to posts index

Benjamin CamiliRe: Adding a Frame??
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 4:19:45 pm

Well, I'm not really sure if I understand your problem frame-adding-wise, but if you want your logo to come up after the "from everyone at"-animation is finished, you can just drag your logo-layer a little forward in the timeline, maybe with a little transition (fade-in, or something) so that it doesn't just suddendly pop up.

As far as adding frames goes: If you need more frames in you composition, just go to composition-> composition settings and increase you comp length.

Hope this helps! :)

Return to posts index

Allie Lopez-CuadraRe: Adding a Frame??
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 11:23:15 pm

Thank you!! Worked perfectly. I'm still trying to get the hang of trying to put in the transition effect but at least the logo is in the right place now. Sooooo happy :)

Return to posts index

Kylee PeñaRe: Adding a Frame??
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 5:00:23 pm

After Effects doesn't work like Flash at all, so there is no "adding a frame" like Flash. Are you saying basically the logo that pops up is coming up too early? What you'll want to do in that AE project is open it up and double click on the [your sub-text] pre-composition. Then Find the logo.png layer and drag it backwards a bit until it appears after the "from everyone at" layer. You can also keyframe the opacity so it fades in rather than popping up.

I would check out some basic tutorials on After Effects and familiarize yourself if you need to get into projects in the future. After Effects, like Flash, is not all that intuitive when you open it up and look at it. Unfortunately you can't wing it too easily :)

Good resource: http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

Return to posts index

by on Nov 27, 2010 at 1:34:58 am

Question......

So I wanted to have this come out at the best quality so I rendered it with "best settings" and "lossless" checked off.....

Should it have that little shift in "Season's Greetings"? It seems to move up a bit...or is that just because of the effect? I'm ready to burn onto a DVD so I thought to check first....

http://www.catalinasouthbeach.com/logisticare.mov

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Adding a Frame??
by on Nov 27, 2010 at 9:54:17 pm

> So I wanted to have this come out at the best quality so I rendered it with "best settings" and "lossless" checked off.....

Those settings are not for playback and delivery. Those settings are for mastering and creating intermediate files.

See this page for more about compression and, more to the point, what happens if you don't use it.

Since you're so new to After Effects, I strongly recommend that you work your way through the materials linked to from this page. Learning the basics up front will save you a lot of grief later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on Nov 28, 2010 at 12:09:01 am

Thanks....I think I have no choice but to do that. Darn it : )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]