ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Upscaling 3D-containing PreComp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin CamiliUpscaling 3D-containing PreComp
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 2:32:12 pm

Hello there, COW-Community!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I got a little problem in one of my older projects... Simply put, I started in SD, made all my animation (3D camera, floating text and all that good stuff) and thought I was finished. My computer, though an iMac, isn't exactly what you can call "high-end", and the video was for the web, so I thought, hey, standart definition should do the trick! Well, it did... up until now. Now I need the Full HD.
No biggie, I thought. Just put the final comp into an HD-comp, scale it up, hit "continuous rasterization" and, boom, you're done. Turns out it's not that simple. You see, when I hit the CR-switch, it's all starting to behave very strangely... Wrong camera angle, the text size is way off and no camera movement at all... The thing is, it's a pretty tedious, keyframe-loaded animation and correcting every little detail by hand would be a huge pain in theIsnt't there another way to tell AE that it should just take that finished Comp, scale it up and calculate it in HD?
I just hope you guys can help me out. I'm getting a little worried over here.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Upscaling 3D-containing PreComp
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 4:18:51 pm

Try the Javascript scalecomp.jsx. You'll find it within the Scripts>Demo folder. Ensure that no layers are locked and that you have a backup of the comp prior to running the script. Some tweaking will be necessary cos the script only scales while adhering to the original aspect ratio.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Benjamin CamiliRe: Upscaling 3D-containing PreComp
by on Nov 27, 2010 at 6:07:31 pm

Well, thank you very much!
This was exactly what I needed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved