ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

no sound in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark hancockno sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 9:30:55 am

hi i am trying Aharon Rabinowitz lip sync tutorial its very good and im following it nicely, but when i added my sound to my timeline i cant hear it to put the mouth shapes to it. its a wav. file and plays in the composition panel but when i drag it to the timeline it appears along with the wave forms but no sound. i have sat here trying to sort it for ages and going onto other forums for answers but i still cant work it out. im using after effects 5.5 on mac os x.

can anybody help me? would be much appreciated. Mark

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: no sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 4:23:28 pm

Check that the Time Controls (Preview) Panel's speaker icon isn't switched off.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

mark hancockRe: no sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 5:50:05 pm

is that where you can mute it? thats all ok, i followed the instructions from the tutorial but this sound thing is really baffling me. i need to be able to move the bar along over the sound file so i can lip sync so i need to be able to hear the phonemes.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: no sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 7:57:57 pm

The proper term is 'audio scrub' or 'audio scrubbing'. CTRL on the PC and COMMAND on the Mac.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

by on Nov 27, 2010 at 9:04:59 am

oh my god thank you so much, im quite new to after effects but thats brilliant thanks so much, its such an easy thing, but only if you know.

Return to posts index

Kylee PeñaRe: no sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 4:52:07 pm

How are you playing it? Are you hitting the space bar, or are you RAM previewing? Audio will only playback during RAM preview.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 26, 2010 at 5:46:41 pm

well im moving the bar along with my mouse because im trying to lip sync so i need to hear it off the timeline, in the tutorial the man was just moving the bar along so he can hear the phonemes. i have updated my copy of after effects to see if thats the problem but its still happening, do you need to render before you can do anything like on final cut? if so how do you do that?

Return to posts index

Philippe LessardRe: no sound in timeline
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 7:25:07 pm

You just have to press cmd(command on mac) while scrubbing the timeline!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]