ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Morphing: Dog Speaking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus HoheiselMorphing: Dog Speaking
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 3:24:19 pm

Hi everyone,

i need your help.

My boss asked me if we can make a "real" dog speak. What is your sugestion? Is this possible with AE? Do i need plug ins. Or is there another way?

Regards

Markus

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Morphing: Dog Speaking
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 5:02:59 pm

Hi Markus -

This software will allow you to take a real still of a dog, and make it talk. I don't know whether you have to have footage, in which case it won't work, but this does a pretty cool job with stills.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Morphing: Dog Speaking
by on Nov 26, 2010 at 8:07:01 am

I disagree - I thinks it will work on footage as well as on a still. I saw commercials with talking animals done in Flame a few years ago using similar tools with what AE has now ( Mesh Warp, FreeForm, Tracking- Mocha). I think AE has the necessary tools for the job.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Morphing: Dog Speaking
by on Nov 27, 2010 at 4:25:06 pm

Ted -

I was referring to CrazyTalk software working with footage, which it doesn't. I haven't tried to do this sort of project in AE, which I'm sure it's capable of, although with a lot more work than in CrazyTalk.

With CrazyTalk, you import the still, choose the mouth and eye points, tweak them a little to create a 3D mesh, import the voice clip, and it does the facial animation automatically. The only limitation is that it has to be a still, and it pretty much can't go past a three-quarter profile, or the mesh looks odd. It will also add all sorts of mannerisms, such as head nods, blinks, and other things, which you can customize and keyframe.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Markus HoheiselRe: Morphing: Dog Speaking
by on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:43:05 am

Thanks for your help. Because first this seems to be a Internet thing we choose Crazy Talk. If its going into Television i look forward for an AE resolution.

Do you now any Tutorials for this kind of thing?

Sorry for my bad english. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]