ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exact frame rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron RayExact frame rendering
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:55:51 pm

Hello there,
I'm hoping to clarify some issues I've had. Sometimes when rendering a 15 second spot out of After Effects I get Quicktime timecode duration that says it's 0:00:00:15.01. What's up with that extra frame?

And when I check the time in Final Cut or Premiere it says duration is 0:00:00:15:00, but Media End is 00:00:14:29. Any idea there? I know in AE when I set my comp settings to 15 seconds, I can only drag the timeline scrubber to 00:00:14:29.

Output settings for this particular project were NTSC D1, 29.97fps, No Field Dominance.

Thanks for any insight into this!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exact frame rendering
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 8:20:26 am

It's obviously not an issue with AE or FCP. You received a report of an additional frame via QT, a non-professional application. ???

It's a non-issue. Time to move one.
HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Aaron RayRe: Exact frame rendering
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 4:05:34 pm

I guess my questions are more of curiosity. I'm sure it's a non-issue with Quicktime, but I'm wondering the reason. And that didn't address the question of why FCP shows the media end as it does.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exact frame rendering
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 5:17:47 pm

[Aaron Ray] "And that didn't address the question of why FCP shows the media end as it does."

By default, AE and FCP start their count from 0, not 1. As for QuickTime Player, it's not a front-end for pro video apps - so why bother.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]