ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Error 86 :: 2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ODenthal
AE Error 86 :: 2
on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:41:19 am

Every time I attempt to render I receive this error. It happens at the exact same time every time I render. I've tried turning on and off multi core processing. Turning on and off OpenGL. Also, replacing the footage. I really need to get this render going. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: AE Error 86 :: 2
on Nov 23, 2010 at 3:58:28 am

those error codes are usually from h.264 or some other interframe compression. transcode to prores or quicktime png before importing into ae and it should work fine. also, when rendering, image sequences don't force you to start from scratch. pretty nice.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Ryan ODenthal
on Nov 23, 2010 at 4:32:35 am

And how do i trans code to prores or QuickTime png?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 23, 2010 at 4:28:49 am

> Also, replacing the footage

This problem normally arises because of a specific footage item. But you say that you've tried "replacing the footage". Please conform that.

Also tell us what version of AFter Effects, what operating system, what kind of footage, what you're rendering and exporting to, and so on.

Also, confirm that you've applied the most recent After Effects update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ryan ODenthal
on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:05:34 pm

I can confirm that I have replaced the footage with it self, I now realize how dumb I am not to of tried replacing it with something else. I'm going to try that now. I'm running CS5 (10.0)on Windows 7 Ultimate. i'm working with H.264 .MOV files that have been previously chroma keyed in AE. In attempts to root out this error, I'm rendering with multicore processing, and openGL disabled. I am rendering this composition in H.264.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:19:48 pm

[Ryan ODenthal] "...I am rendering this composition in H.264."

Bad idea. Here's why:

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:24:00 pm

> I'm running CS5 (10.0)

Install the After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update. That update fixes a lot of problems.

Return to posts index

Ryan ODenthal
on Nov 24, 2010 at 2:07:31 pm

Okay, then I'm now rendering it in Quicktime. I've installed 10.0.1 and then error is still there. When the error happens, all compositions become unreadable. And if it matters happens at 1:45 out of 3:00 every time I render. I'm using plug ins such as digieffects old film, sure target 2 and twitch. I have tried reinstalling twice. I'm out of ideas.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:50:22 pm

It seems that there is a specific seciton of a specific footage item that is causing this problem. Have you determined which source file is casuing the problem?

Return to posts index

Ryan ODenthal
on Nov 25, 2010 at 2:01:15 pm

The thing is is that it seems to error around one of the .mov files, in which every single clip then becomes unreadable and no matter how much I replace the items, it still errors at that exact same time. And each time it claims to not be able to read a different file. I have tried reinstalling, and I don't know what I can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]