ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

dont see footagein mocha after import

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
piff aroni
dont see footagein mocha after import
on Nov 21, 2010 at 5:47:13 pm

I have been trying to follow tutorials online about mocha and how to better track.

The problem is, when I go to create a new project and import a video file... I dont see it in mocha. All I see is a black box with yellow broken lines around it.

Return to posts index

piff aroni
Re: dont see footagein mocha after import
on Nov 21, 2010 at 8:21:26 pm

well, the footage I was using was apple pro res 422

I guess , mocha does not work in this format? I converted the file to PNG andnow mocha see it.

But will I lose quality when I re-format the clip to pro res 422?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:14:28 am

[piff aroni] "But will I lose quality when I re-format the clip to pro res 422?"

No.

But I don't understand why it didn't work with ProRes 422; I just did a track job on Thursday using ProRes 422... and I did it on a Windows box, to boot.

You must be doing SOMETHING wrong in Mocha. It's not the most intuitive piece of software on the planet. Stick with it and you'll get it. I'm still trying to get it myself.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 22, 2010 at 5:37:16 pm

Ensure that you have the latest version of mocha. As for visual quality, all you need from mocha is the tracking data. Once you're back in AE, you can apply the track data on any layer you want and use the original footage as your backplate.

Sometimes, folks over-think and actually begin seeing problems that aren't there. ;-)

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]