ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects Quicktime error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Thieme
Adobe After Effects Quicktime error
on Nov 19, 2010 at 7:55:44 pm

For some reason whenever I try to export this project I made in after effects a message pops up that reads "After effects error: Quicktime export failure (4)"

Does anyone know what this means???? I NEED HELP?

Im trying to export a 1920x1080 video with the best settings. I have multiple effects being used. I've tried it in the render queue and the export option but the message always pops up......

Also, I imported my sequence into after effects from final cut using a script called FC2AE.

I haven't tried to export anything else yet. I might try that or maybe I'll just try to export it in parts. But if anyone knows what these could be PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adobe After Effects Quicktime error
on Nov 19, 2010 at 8:01:31 pm

Don't export. Render using AE's Render Queue. If that doesn't help, you'll have to give us a lot more info before we can give you a decent answer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Travis Thieme
on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:56:54 pm

I tried using the render queue but it didn't work.....

What do you need to know.......

Return to posts index

Travis Thieme
on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:58:37 pm

I tried using the render queue but it didn't work......

What do you need to know

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 20, 2010 at 2:14:22 am

[Travis Thieme] "What do you need to know"

Type of computer; OS & version, Processors, cores, amount of RAM, hard drive(s) and capacity, any other cards (video capture, graphics). Then your AE version & Quicktime version.

Then, tell us about the footage in the project: codec(s) [note: ".mov" is not a codec, it just tells you it's a quicktime movie], types of audio files, what you've got for stills in it.

Then, tell us what you need to deliver: how will your AE animation be used by the NEXT application, and its identity.

That's good for starters.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Travis Thieme
on Nov 20, 2010 at 2:23:29 am

Ok haha well let me find out all of this and get back to you........

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 20, 2010 at 4:59:13 am

That's what it takes for a proper diagnosis. It may be that you'll provide more information than necessary, but hey: right now, we have no clue, y'know?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Travis Thieme
on Nov 20, 2010 at 7:15:21 am

Yea I understand....... I'll try to get the info as soon as possible.

Return to posts index

Travis Thieme
on Nov 20, 2010 at 8:17:43 pm

Computer: Apple iMac 27inch
Processor: Intel Core i7
Cores: 4
Amount of RAM: 4 GB
Harddrive: WDC WD1001FALS-40U9B0 (thats what it says I dont know if its right) It's a 1 TB Harddrive
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
Quicktime Version: Version 10.0 (118) (I dont think it's quick time pro, but im not sure)
After Effects Version: 9.0.0.346
(for some reason it says under that Quicktime: 7.6.6. Is that the version its using cause When I looked at the quicktime player version in the quicktime player it said version 10.0? I dont know if thats wierd or not)

Project Footage: I imported my AVCHD footage from my Canon Vixia HF S 21 into final Cut Pro. I edited it a little in there. Then I saved it as an XML file and imported it into After Effects using a script called FC2AE. Thet I added all my effects to the footage and now it wont let me export bcause of the stupid quicktime error......
I dont really know what codecs are......
No audio
No Stills

After I export it from After Effects Im going to put it back into Final Cut and re-add the titles (since for some reason the titles didn't transfer over to after effects) After I finish that I want to Export it and maybe burn it to a DVD to watch on my TV. I want the footage to look the best possible.

I hope all this information helps

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:11:38 am

You have a few things going on here.

Don't use AVCHD footage in AE. Sorry, it's a hassle, but you have to change it to something like a Quicktime in the Animation or PNG codec. One big set of AE weirdness goes away when you do that.

Second, don't even THINK about using multiprocessing in AE. You don't have anywhere NEAR enough RAM to use it. 4GB may seem like a lot; it ain't in AE-Land. For AE work, so cram as much memory into your machine as you can. No joke.

[Travis Thieme] "After I export it from After Effects Im going to put it back into Final Cut and re-add the titles (since for some reason the titles didn't transfer over to after effects) After I finish that I want to Export it and maybe burn it to a DVD to watch on my TV. I want the footage to look the best possible."

Um, how long have you been using AE? It sure doesn't sound like a long time. You should know that thais isn't a piece of software that lets you do a couple of video tricks just by recipe. You have to start with the basics. Nor does it lend itself well to learning the application by intuition; you'll become hopelessly lost.

My advice is to start here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/09/classroom-after-effects-cs5-vide...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]