ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I get my flv/swf down to 48kb!?!?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Harwood
How can I get my flv/swf down to 48kb!?!?
on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:31:09 am

Hello all

I have created a short animation (15 secs) with sound for use as a web ad. At the last minute the client has asked that i deliver it as a 48kb swf or flv. When exporting from After effects the smallest I can get it without it looking awful is about 600kb.

Having done a bit of reading it seems i'll need to rebuild it in flash to get it this small. Problem is I don't know Flash too well and i'm sure it doesn't have some of the key tools i've been relying on in AE(puppet tool, time remapping).

Is there anyway I can do this without learning a new program and starting from scratch?

I have tried the xfl export thing and this doesnt recognize anything in seperate layers and just exports a single flv or png sequence depending on what i choose.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: How can I get my flv/swf down to 48kb!?!?
on Nov 19, 2010 at 6:15:11 pm

you need to get Sorenson Squeeze. It also has a secret smoothing feature that can interpolate 12fps into 24fps.

here's a webpage that lists all the ways that you can compress.
http://www.freeopenbook.com/flash8-bible/BBL0166.html

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Nov 19, 2010 at 6:43:21 pm

You can export a small flv file if the animation is limited in certain ways. Any 3D layers or layers with filters applied, will be converted into an image per frame, which makes it larger. If you take a still image and apply just 2D position and scale animation to it, it will only need to store the one image + the animation data, which will be really small.

Return to posts index

Gareth Harwood
on Mar 14, 2011 at 1:33:35 pm

hi guys

thank for all your responses but unfortunately I had the much bigger problem of my computer breaking to stop my progress. I didn't manage to get the film that small but that has passed and hopefully i will never have to make such a small video again.

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]