ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

video for projection on a wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
natassa triviza
video for projection on a wall
on Nov 17, 2010 at 6:03:35 pm

Does someone know what size I have to set my After Effects file to be in order to be projected on a 8x8 foot wall? I have currently set it up as DV NTSC 728x480.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: video for projection on a wall
on Nov 17, 2010 at 6:21:09 pm

Sorry, we don't. We can only guess. The crucial factor is how your AE animation will be played back, and you haven't breathed a word about it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

natassa triviza
on Nov 17, 2010 at 6:30:55 pm

Thanks for your response - it's going to be played from a computer if that's what you mean?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:07:52 pm

do you know what resolution the projector is?

if it is based on ntsc, then your settings are correct, but projectors that project from a computer are often square pixel and have typical vga resolutions (like 800x600 or 1024x768). so it's more important know the resolution(s) that the projector is capable of.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

natassa triviza
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:54:50 pm

Thank you so much Kevin!

I will find out.

Natassa

Return to posts index

natassa triviza
on Nov 18, 2010 at 9:30:07 pm

Hello again!

I found out this is going to be projected from a computer with a 1024X768 screen.
Should I make the composition 1024x768 or does 720x480 work? I will give them a quicktime file if that matters.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Nov 19, 2010 at 4:25:34 pm

i guess they don't have a recommendation on what they've use before (that's always the best way to go).

assuming they can play the quicktime full screen on the computer and the projector is projecting the full screen of the system, then a 720x480 (ntsc dv standard) should look fine.

you might be able to get better resolution out of the system, but you'd need to do some testing. in particular you'd need to see if the computer could play out a higher data rate file if you were to give them a 1024x768 file.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]