In summary, what I have is text being created using the 'Stroke' plugin. I have particular's POSITION XY folowing the newly revealed part of the character.
The problem is that at one point, all the particles vanish at the same time.
They vanish at the 24 frame mark, even though the life is at 2 seconds (60 frames).
The size over life is a simple 'Fade out'.
The amount of particles produced is depicted as speed X A (a variable controlled by another slider).
Several values are controlled via sliders on an Adjustment layer:
Velocity from motion
The motion blur shutter angle is also at 1000.
I don't understand why the particles all end abruptly at the same time, without the particles even sizing down before 'death'. Increasing the life doesn't appear to change anything and I don't intend to shorten it as it looks just how I want it at this length and appearance.
From what I have found, the problem lies at the fact that the position is keyframed, however, even parenting the position to a null object failed to do anything.
I don't believe it's a glitch, one limit in particular 1.5 was the number of particles, which they increased on 2.0.
When I opened your project with 2.0 the particles were there on frame 25 and so on (from what I coul'd see, was a slow render). From the info panel it showed over 2 million particles, and as far as I remember something around a million was 1.5 limits.