ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can please someone explain me what type of effects and techniques are used in this video ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felihaz Zimberlite
Can please someone explain me what type of effects and techniques are used in this video ?
on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:34:25 pm

Can please someone help me to find out how to do this ? like what type of effects and teachniques he use to accomplish that amazing video, i believe he used images for the effects but i dont know what else... like for example the minute 1:04 the 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

I'll have to say that this is my first time using adobe after effects so i know my video wont look the same but im trying so it looks similar

Thank you.

Felihaz

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Can please someone explain me what type of effects and techniques are used in this video ?
on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:02:24 pm

Since you're new to After Effects, I recommend you read Getting started with After Effects. AE is a very broad and deep application, and it's really hard to just jump right in and be productive. Once you've spent some time mastering the fundamentals, though, you'll be able to produce good work and learn new techniques very quickly.

To directly answer your questions, many of the photos are 3D layers. The grunge elements and numbers are layers composited over the video game footage with different blend modes. These are relatively simple (yet effective) techniques that you should be able to learn very quickly once you've gotten the basics down.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]