ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Wall of Video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin WardWall of Video
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 5:58:18 pm

I want to create a wall of video (like a collage, in a sense) and have a light streak illuminating the parts I want revealed. I want to be able to push into one of the videos, once illuminated on the wall and for it to be full resolution. How can I do this without breaking After Effects Rendering? Obviously 20 full res videos playing at the same time isn't much of an option, so what's the best work around?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Wall of Video
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 6:23:10 pm

i would think rendering out 19 smaller versions of the video (maybe quarter size) and using those for 19 of the monitors, then use the one full sized version to push into would be a good way to start...

as far as the light streak, trapcode's 3d stroke creates a good light streak. if you don't have 3d stroke, has a tutorial on creating a similar light streak using cc particle world, and several other tutorials using trapcode's particular to create light streaks.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Richard van den BoogaardRe: Wall of Video
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:01:24 pm

Excellent suggestions, Kevin.

Also, I can imagine rendering being faster if you choose to pre-compose each "TV" inside the wall and then composite all 20 of them together in a separate comp.

Richard van den Boogaard
Freelance cameraman • Glidecam Operator • Editor • YouTube expert

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Wall of Video
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:32:52 pm

This project kind of seems similar to this one. An oldie, but a goodie.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved