ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Roto Brush Propagating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hagen
After Effects Roto Brush Propagating
on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:39:45 am

I am attempting to use roto brush on several clips approximately 3 mins in length. After about 15 seconds worth of propagating AE erases the data, leaving me to have to start all over again. I am wondering if this is just a RAM issue, or some setting that I change to have the system perform better. I currently am using 4GB of RAM.
Thanks for your help
Paul

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects Roto Brush Propagating
on Nov 16, 2010 at 3:53:34 pm

I haven't attempted such a long Rotobrush yet, so I can't answer your question from direct experience.

But I can say that for AE 10, 4GB is woefully inadequate, and I could very well contribute to your problem. You really do need to get more memory for your machine, and the sooner you do it, the better. Think 16 GB for starters, and more if you can afford it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Nov 16, 2010 at 8:05:06 pm

As far as my experience with Rotobrush goes I do not think AE erases the data, I worked on 10-15sec clips with no problems- like Dave said it may just be a RAM issue.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:31:16 pm

Here are some potentially useful resources on the Roto Brush.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 17, 2010 at 2:50:58 am

Like Dave, I too haven't had much time with Rotobrush. But it looks like an awesome helper tool. It can be a resource hog so you will want to splice your clip into 30 second segments.

Good Luck
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Paul Hagen
on Nov 17, 2010 at 11:01:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to upgade my ram, and split the clips

Return to posts index

Kareem Bland
on Feb 1, 2011 at 9:45:41 pm

To Paul, I experience the same problem. I roto brush 3 minutes of a music video. I'm working on a macbook pro with 4GB of ram. I upgraded to 8GB and it only improved slightly. So I decided to focus on roto brushing a few seconds at a time and that works great. So I would agree with everyone, the more ram the better (16GB+) might be the way to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]